Please do not remove Avatar Finder feature

Post Site Suggestions and bugs
next1337
SteamID SteamRep Steam

Please do not remove Avatar Finder feature

Post by next1337 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:13 am

Martin, I hope you consider not removing this feature at all. This is the main reason why I am supporting your craft, because it helps me a lot to find people to trade with and also on my Steam Investing. I used this feature to check other Steam Investor's Profile and inventories, to see what they are currently investing and stockpiling.

Hope you hear me out. More power, bud!

next1337
SteamID SteamRep Steam

Re: Please do not remove Avatar Finder feature

Post by next1337 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:53 am

I've tried using the Avatar Finder today. When I clicked "open image in new tab" of one picture on the Steam Market page, the link that it provides is a different one compared to the old one (this is the new one - avatar.jpg 32x32). So, I still copied the whole link and paste it on the Avatar Finder tool but it is not working.

Can you help me with this? Is there any other way to check the Steam Profile of the people who are on Steam Market. Thanks!

Martin
Site Owner / Community Head Admin
SteamID SteamRep Steam

Post by Martin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:07 am

With the recent market changes, There might not be a need to remove the finder as it can now be used for what it was built for finding others who use the same avatar as user X who was already found

next1337
SteamID SteamRep Steam

Post by next1337 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:23 am

With the recent changes in Steam Market avatar link. How can we use and find people using the Avatar Finder tool now? because the the new avatar link that we get in Steam is not working anymore. Could you give me a step by step instruction on how to do it? Thanks Martin!

next1337
SteamID SteamRep Steam

Post by next1337 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:35 pm

How can we use the Avatar Finder? The new Avatar Link on Steam is no longer working or being accepted by the Avatar Finder tool.

Please help. Thanks!

Martin
Site Owner / Community Head Admin
SteamID SteamRep Steam

Post by Martin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:14 pm

To use the avatar finder you need to load a profile on SteamID and then click the avatar, it will then show you others who are using that image. So you need to know the profile before searching - Thats how the tool was written all those years back.

You cannot use SteamID to find people on the market